3383 Pacific Avenue
Grand Tudor with Golden Gate Bridge views on the Pacific Avenue Wall
This circa 1928 Tudor home is located in one of San Francisco’s Most sought after locations and evokes all the splendor of the City at the turn of the 20th century. The home is a classic example of San Francisco architecture and has been owned by only two families. The current family purchased the home in 1960. Today, whether maintaining its cherished legacy or renovating for a new century lifestyle, the opportunity to own at this remarkable location is rare. The home faces the Pacific Avenue Wall, stretching 7 blocks on the southern border of the Presidio, a 1,500-acre National Park with golf course, hiking/jogging/cycling trails, and Julius Kahn Playground just 2 blocks away. While the unobstructed verdant views of the Presidio are a commanding presence and contribute to privacy, it is the magnificent views of the Golden Gate Bridge from the main and uper levels that are awe-inspiring.
An iron gate stands sentry at street level before the stately brick façade with half-timbering detail – a clear expression of a Tudor style residence situated on a deep lot. This home is comprised of 7 bedrooms, 6 full bathrooms and 2 half baths. Inside, rich mahogany envelops the public rooms with elaborate mill work, wall paneling, and coffered ceilings while herringbone-patterned hardwood finishes the floors.
The grand dimensions that characterize the home are immediately evident in the enormous formal living room with grand scale fireplace and Golden Gate Bridge views and the mahogany paneled dining room with leaded glass doors to the solarium. The comprehensive array of everyday living areas includes a kitchen with abundant cabinetry and adjoining butler’s pantry plus a delightful breakfast parlor crowned by a groin vaulted ceiling. The numerous windows and doors are detailed in original leaded glass with cremone hardware framing the stunning views and letting in abundant natural light.
The master suite with adjoining library is a spacious haven spanning the front of the home for the utmost Golden Gate Bridge and Presidio views. Blurring the line between indoor and outdoor living, a lovely glass-enclosed solarium opens to the south-facing rear garden. Here, mature plantings and lush ferns create a private and park like setting and a deck provides the ideal spot for al fresco dining. Rounding out the interiors is a wine cellar and tasting room, plus numerous street-level rooms, including the original saddle room harking back to a time when horseback riding in the park was de rigueur. A three-car garage with direct interior access adds the ultimate convenience for City living.
Presidio Heights is among San Francisco’s elite neighborhoods. Its views of the Golden Gate Bridge combined with proximity to the grandeur of the Presidio National Park imbues the wide streets with an enviable sense of seclusion. On the northwest side of the City, perfectly situated to enjoy some of the City’s best shopping and dining on nearby Laurel Village, Sacramento, and Fillmore Streets.
At a Glance
- Circa 1928 Tudor Revival home
- Prestigious and rare location facing the Presidio Wall
- 7 bedrooms, library, 6 full baths, and 2 half-baths arranged over 3 levels
- Original finishes of oak hardwood floors, mahogany millwork and wall paneling, plus leaded glass windows and doors
- Grand living room with fireplace and Golden Gate Bridge views
- Mahogany-paneled formal dining room with leaded glass doors to the solarium opening to walk-out gardens
- All-white kitchen with adjoining butler’s pantry plus separate breakfast parlor room
- Two main-level bedrooms served by two full baths
- Upstairs master bedroom suite and adjoining mahogany-paneled library, each with Golden Gate Bridge views
- Three additional bedrooms, one with an en suite bath and two with a shared Jack-and-Jill bath
- Lower level comprises a wine cellar, laundry center and half-bath, a bedroom and full bath, plus two additional rooms offering numerous creative options
- A lush and private south-facing rear gardens with mature plantings and a large entertainment deck ideal for outdoor dining
- Gated street entrance, tandem garage parking for 3 cars with direct access to the main level
Realtor Associate Pacific Union InternationalcalDRE# 01221690415.990.8769 mobile
Realtor® AssociatePacific Union InternationalcalDRE# 00453832415.609.7222 direct